SUNDEWS for beginners
online only: courier or collect
Order now and get it between 20/11 and 29/11
Shipping from R100 per order (Calculated at checkout)
- Sundews belong to the Drosera plant family and is one of the largest genera of carnivorous plants, consisting of over 190 species
- Sundews lure, capture, and digest insects using modified leaves with small tentacles covered by a sticky glue-like substance on their leaf surfaces
- Carnivorous plants listed in this section contains a range of sundew species that are:
- Easy to grow, thus perfect for beginners
- Will thrive in a protected area outdoors or a windowsill with a couple of hours direct morning sun (a North-facing window is perfect)
- a fun introduction to subtropical and temperate sundews. Neither the rosetted nor upright sundew will need a dormancy period, and will grow throughout the year. The forkleaf sundew is a temperate plant that will go dormant during the colder months and regrow as temperatures warm and the days get longer in springtime
- Are excellent companion plants to venus flytraps, terrestrial bladderworts and trumpet pitcher plants in carnivorous plant bogs and savage gardens
- Are available for collection at the nursery or sent via courier to your door and also delivered to Postnet branches nationwide
- Are well-established, rooted plants sent already potted - just unwrap, place in a shallow tray with distilled water in a sunny spot with 4-6 hours direct morning sun and enjoy!
Pssst... have you seen these?
BUTTERWORT (Mexican): Pinguicula Moctezumae ex. K. Pasek BCP
The Savage Garden by Peter D'Amato * Paperback 2nd Edition 🔥 BESTSELLER!!