VENUS FLYTRAP: DC XL
The BEAST of the Best
- Species: Dionaea Muscipula
- The DC XL cultivar is the challenger to B52 for the "world's largest traps" title
- The "XL," refers to the words 'X-tra Large'
- These plants are mostly green with a reddish tint on the inside of the trap when grown outside in full sun
- The first traps in spring are usually the largest and can approach 5cm in size on a fully grown mature plant
- In addition to being handsome and ginormous for a venus flytrap, DC XL is also an extraordinarily hardy grower and a wonderful addition to any carnivorous plant collection
- These are medium to mature (flowering size) plants and are currently sold as dormant rhizomes, ready to pot up for winter sleep with new growth expected during springtime
- Shipping during dormancy is ideal as it reduces stress on the plant. This will help them to settle in quicker and come springtime, allow them to jump back to life at its new home without much disturbance
- Dormant during the winter months
- Please note that images mostly represent mature plants in full summer growth cultivated in optimal conditions
- Plants will appear smaller, and traps close slower during and a couple of weeks after the dormancy period in the colder months of the year (Usually May to October)
- Here's a quick guide on growing a happy and healthy venus flytrap
Recommended for you
Excellent service! After sales also great. Thankz for all the dilligent care instructions. Awesome.
Very cool looking cultivar!
Arrived in Excellent condition and growing well!
Excellent specimen, healthy plant with lots of new growth already! I'm thrilled with my purchase - thank you!
Its said to be one of the hardest but this beauty survived hail storms, super hot days and even winter. I love these little monsters.... now lets buy some seeds and join the next step!.. cant wait..