GROW-YOUR-OWN BUTTERWORTS: The COMPLETE seed starter pack
online only: courier or collect
Order now and get it between 20/11 and 29/11
Nationwide shipping from R100
** Online Exclusive **
Ready for a challenge?
- We are proud to present another member in our range of COMPLETE SEED STARTER PACKS for carnivorous plants
- A fantastic gift idea and perfect for beginners, this tailored starter pack includes everything you'll need to grow your very own butterworts from seed - Just add water!
- It is important to note that growing carnivorous plants from seed is aimed at the adventure grower. In our experience, butterwort seeds lose viability fairly quickly and will need to be sown as soon as possible for the best germination. Butterwort seeds do not need any kind of stratification and will need approximately 4-8 weeks in optimal conditions to germinate. Growing carnivorous plants from seed is fun but it is worth noting that a lot of patience is required as it may well take approximately 2 to 5 years to raise them from seed to maturity (flowering size)
- This seed starter kit includes:
- a complete growing container,
- premixed germination soil for your new seeds and
- a full instruction leaflet
- 1 seed-packet containing a minimum of 15 butterwort seeds, harvested within the last couple of weeks
- The seed will be a mixed variety from either temperate- or mexican butterworts (our choice) depending on what we have available
We have a variety of kits available in our GROW-YOUR-OWN range
Any product described as an “online exclusive” will only be available to purchase via our online store and and may not be available during visits to the nursery
Pssst... have you seen these?