FREE shipping for orders over R2000
EARLY ACCESS > Nepenthes tenuis (West Sumatra) AW * Clone 01 * 12-15cm (bareroot)
Only available while stocks last
ℹ️ Learn more about the difference between Fresh imports and Early access plants
- Special import from Wistuba - exotic plants
- Clone: 01
- Growing conditions: Intermediate
- Nepenthes tenuis is a remarkable, diminutive species, which may produce some of the smallest pitchers after N. argentii. It is endemic to a single known location along the Tjampo River in West Sumatra. It grows in mossy and sub-montane forest on sandstone ledges at relatively low altitudes (100-1200m) , making it more of an ‘intermediate’ plant. It is an easy and hardy plant that grows rapidly under the right conditions
- Lower pitchers are rarely seen as N. tenuis rapidly transitions into uppers. The lowers are incredibly squat, round and tubby. Upper pitchers are also incredibly small (2.5-4.5cm) and are widely funnel shaped (infundibular) with a slight constriction below the rounded and almost horizontal opening. The pitcher mouth is ringed with a relatively wide and flattened peristome much like the seat of a tiny colourful toilet bowl. Both upper and lower pitchers lack any wings, instead having two colourful ridges running down the pitcher bodies
- The pitchers are a creamy yellow-green, with varying but often heavy amounts of red to maroon-brown blotches, which tend to increase towards the upper parts of the pitcher body. As such pitchers can appear more red than green and often have a rosy hue to them. The peristome varies from yellow to a maroon-brown colour. These striking little toilet-shaped pitchers in many ways resemble a more colourful and rotund version of N. dubia. While small they are one of the most underrated species in my opinion
Pssst... have you seen these?
VENUS FLYTRAP: DM Maroon Monster 📏 5+yr old XL winterbulb (8-12cm in summer) 💎 Limited release!
SORRY SOLD OUT
VENUS FLYTRAP: DM Flaming Lips 📏 5+yr old XL winterbulb (8-12cm in summer) 💎 Limited release!