BUTTERWORT (Temperate): Pinguicula Lusitanica
- Pinguicula lusitanica, commonly known as the pale butterwort, is a small butterwort that grows wild in acidic peat bog areas along coastal western Europe to the Iberian Peninsula and Morocco in north-western Africa. It usually forms rosettes 2-3 cm across
- Pinguicula Lusitanica prefers warm, humid temperatures and is perfect as a companion plant in a wetlands bog with other carnivorous plants that loves wet feet. Unlike the mexican butterwort species, these plants are to be kept damp to wet year round. These plants are very versatile and will do well on a sunny windowsill, well lit terrarium or bright light in an outdoor setting
- Butterworts are fantastic candidates for a sunny windowsill and very popular amongst succulent fans and indoor plant growers. As they are easy to grow, these are excellent plants for beginner carnivorous plant enthusiasts
- Whether you prefer starting off with a younger plant and watch it grow into full majestic glory over the years or jumping in with more munch, right from the get go, we've got you covered! Cultivo is all about choices and our plants are available in various sizes to suit your every want and need. These are medium to near-flowering size plants with very shallow roots and fragile leaves. For this reason they will be sent already potted in our deluxe carnivorous plant soil. Simply unwrap, water and enjoy!
- Potted Plants
- You will receive a well established potted plant
- Plants in the pinguicula family generally have very shallow roots, hence your plant will be sent already potted
- We take great care in shipping procedures and butterworts are carefully packaged and protected to minimise damage
- Note that plant members in the pinguicula family are quite fragile and may lose some leaves during transit
- While packing your plants we always take the necessary precautions, however, due to the shallow root system, your plant might dislodge during shipping
- Should this be the case, simply repot your plant with the leaves at the soil level and lightly firm the soil around roots
- Grow this species on a windowsill, sunny porch or outdoors with other temperate carnivorous plants and keep the soil damp to wet year round
- Great for beginners, Pinguicula Lusitanica are easy to grow and fantastic candidates for a sunny windowsill or protected area outdoors with bright light
- To prevent rot, pinguicula prefers a loose, open soil with a good balance between water retention and drainage. We use our Butterwort PROmix for all our butterworts, with excellent results
Recommended for you
Pinguicula Lusitanica - Butterwort
Super healthy little plant
I received my Ping.lusitanica plants a day after despatch, very carefully packed (I was worried about that being such small, delicate plants ), but was pleasantly surprised...no plants were damaged, the pot is sitting in a saucer of water, and two of the four plants already have elongating flower scapes.
I would give a 5* recommendation for this order !!