SENSITIVE PLANT: Mimosa Pudica (Touch-me-not)
Touch me if you dare!
* * RETURNING SUMMER 2021 * *
- The sensitive plant, also known as the Touch-me-not, is a peculiar shrub and is native to Brazil
- This is a perennial, summer-growing garden plant often grown for its curiosity value
- The compound leaves fold inward and droop when touched or shaken, defending themselves from harm, and re-open a few minutes later
- These are small to mature (near-flowering size) plants cut back to 10-20cm for bushier growth
- Potted plants are available for collection from our premises
- Courier / Postnet shipments:
- These plants are not only sensitive to touch but also sensitive to root disturbance😜 , therefor they will be sent already potted - packed and protected to minimise damage from carriers
- The sensitive plant can be grown in a semi-shade spot outside or sunny windowsill with a minimum of 4-6 hours direct morning sun
- Water every other day to ensure soil stays moist without letting it dry completely or leaving your plant with wet feet for extended periods of time
- Plants can be grown in an equal ratio mixture of compost and potting soil with perlite or silica sand added for drainage
- These are Semi-tropical plants and do not handle frost well. Protect during wintertime and watch them take off again during springtime
- Fertilise your plant with with a nitrogen-rich fertiliser once a month for optimal growth
Recommended for you
I bought the touch-me-not for my Mother, for her birthday and she was ecstatic. Will definitely purchase more plants. Thank you
Such a beautiful gift!
Fabulous!!!! Love it so much
Fast and very good service received my parcel earlier than expected
Thumbs up definitely more than 5 stars
Nice to do business with
I always receive plants well packed and carefully shipped from CC. The plants are always in good condition. We are very pleased - we have not been unhappy once yet (and this is the 3rd time ordering from CC).