SUNDEW: Drosera Madagascariensis
- Species: Drosera
- Drosera madagascariensis is a subtropical sundew native to Madagascar, Botswana and South Africa
- This is an easy grower and very unique in that it produces tall stems with linear, oblong spoon-like leaves. Each leaf is covered by sticky droplets to catch and digest prey. This variety is also notorious for generating a new generation seedlings from the roots after the main stem die off after some time
- Drosera Madagascariensis can easily reach 15-20cm and tend to topple over when they get tall
- A great addition to the carnivorous plant enthusiast ready to enter the next level
- Whether you prefer starting off with a younger plant and watch it grow into full majestic glory over the years or jumping in with more munch, right from the get go, we've got you covered! Cultivo is all about choices and our plants are available in various sizes and options to suit your every need. Currently around 2-10cm tall, these plants have very fragile roots and do not transplant well. For this reason they will be sent already potted in our deluxe carnivorous plant soil. Simply unwrap, water and enjoy!
- General care includes low-mineral water via the tray method and bright light (but with protection from full midday sun)
- These plants thrive in temperatures around 25°C in Summer and 15°C in Winter
- Drosera Madagascariensis does not need a dormancy period, and will be a great addition to beginner- and experienced CP grower collections, alike
- Flowering requires a lot of energy and might cause your plant to lose it's dew
- Cut flower stalks when they emerge for a healthier, dewy plant
Recommended for you
amazing specimens as usual!
I received a well grown plant in great condition, will definitely buy from Cultivo again !!
Great experience all round, The plant arrived in record time, professionally wrapped and in great condition =) it is already pushing out new leaves and growing strongly ^_^ would definitely buy from Cultivo again =D