RARE! COLLECTORS ITEM: Drosera Regia Seedgrown > 15-20cm 💎 1 plant only!!
🎁 FREE DOWNLOAD: Written by a South African, for South Africans 🇿🇦 With every online purchase, you'll get a free copy of our Plant Care Essentials Guide, loaded with key skills and practical tips for growing carnivorous plants in our special climate
Whenever I've ordered plants from Cultivo Carnivores, they are extremely well packaged, and this Regia was no exception, not a single leaf damaged, or a drop of soil escaped the pot. Well done!
Very happy with my purchases.
Therese went out of her way to make sure I received healthy plants, well packed seeds, and a huge amount of labels to use on my planting adventure.
They will be my first choice when I look to expand my Carnie Collection!
The plant has taken beautifully to its new home. Cannot wait to see it grow. Certainly caught plenty of food already :-)
Plant arrived in perfect condition and more than happy with it as well all the others purchased :-)
Thank you Therese for the incredible service both before and after purchase...
An absolute pleasure ordering from Cultivo Carnivores, work is done quickly and professionally, would definately but from them again ^_^
- 🛒 Available online only ~ we ship anywhere in SA
- 🔒 100% secure online payment via Payfast. EFT accepted
- 🌟 Click and Collect - Free pickup in Centurion
- 🚚 Door-to-door courier (full tracking) from R119 with FREE SHIPPING on online orders over R2000 (*excl wholesale)
- Species: Drosera
- The highly sought after king sundew, known as Drosera Regia, has a very uncanny ability to wrap its leaves around captured insects
- In some instances, a leaf will wrap around an insect so perfectly it looks like it wrapped itself into a knot. Some say that the king sundew gets its name from its spear-like leaves that form a crown of sorts. Others say that its name comes from its size
- This plant can be a bit of an enigma for some growers and recommended for those with a little more experience
- Mature plants produce large pink flowers on tall scapes
- These are seedgrown plants, available either bareroot or potted in 10cm pot. We have only 1 large plant available and you will receive a plant similar in size to that in the featured image
- Whether you prefer starting off with a younger plant and watch it grow into full majestic glory over the years or jumping in with more munch, right from the get go, we've got you covered! Cultivo is all about choices and our plants are available in various sizes and options to suit your every need. These are medium to more mature-sized plants, sold either bareroot or already potted in our deluxe carnivorous plant soil to take the hassle out of repotting. Simply unwrap, water and enjoy!
Potted vs Bareroot
- Best grown in mild to warm days with cooler nights, like in its native habitat in the coastal mountains of South Africa
- As Drosera Regia prefers cooler temperatures it may die back during the hottest summer months
- Keep the soil slightly drier than you would with most other sundews and feed with high quality diluted orchid fertiliser for stronger growth
- Flowering requires a lot of energy and might cause your plant to lose it's dew
- Cut flower stalks when they emerge for a healthier, dewy plant