SPECIAL IMPORT 🌟 Nepenthes Truncata (Mt. Malimumu, Philippines) ex Wistuba 📏 3-4cm
🎁 FREE DOWNLOAD: Written by a South African, for South Africans 🇿🇦 With every online purchase, you'll get a free copy of our Plant Care Essentials Guide, loaded with key skills and practical tips for growing carnivorous plants in our special climate
Quick Shop ~ Related Items
- 🛒 Available online only ~ we ship anywhere in SA
- 🔒 100% secure online payment via Payfast. EFT accepted
- 🌟 Click and Collect - Free pickup in Centurion
- 🚚 Door-to-door courier (full tracking) from R119 with FREE SHIPPING on online orders over R2000 (*excl wholesale)
- Special import from Wistuba - exotic plants
- Clone: Individual clone from seeds - Individual seedling (ISC)
- Growing conditions: Intermediate
- This is a specimen plant and you will receive the exact plant pictured
- Interesting new location for this species!
- Nepenthes truncata is an iconic species of the genus! The oversized pitchers, variability and robustness make it a must-have in the collection
- There are hardly any larger pitchers in the genus than those of Nepenthes truncata, sizes over 50 cm are not uncommon. It is difficult to imagine the size of such a pitcher. Red, green, orange and yellow pitchers are all present in Nepenthes truncata, as is the wide peristome which can be striped, unstriped, red, green, orange or yellow
- The advantage of N. truncata is that it grows out of most set-ups quickly, but with sufficient light it can also be cultivated on a windowsill or skylight. Alternatively, artificial light in the room is also possible. However, the amount of light must be high enough; the plant can also tolerate direct sunlight for a few hours. Due to the thick leaves, however, it hardly dries out as long as the substrate is sufficiently moist.