SUNDEW: Drosera Collinsiae loc Mbuluzi river, Swaziland 💎 Cultivo Exclusive > Flowering size🪴5cm Potted
🎁 FREE DOWNLOAD: Written by a South African, for South Africans 🇿🇦 With every online purchase, you'll get a free copy of our Plant Care Essentials Guide, loaded with key skills and practical tips for growing carnivorous plants in our special climate
Quick Shop ~ Related Items
This is such an attractive little bug-muncher. The pink stems and pink and green traps make it a cute colourful addition to my little collection
Great service as always
Admin: Thank you for being our valued customer Hannes! Hope to see you back soon⭐️Big thanks for the review too! Happy growing! xTx
Same speedy, amazingly friendly service with a beautiful Carni plant to show for it. Still small but I can't wait to see it grow into its full potential!!! Definitely recommend Cultivo to any Carni Addict!!!
This little monster has not looked back since arriving at his new home. Beautiful little guy/ girl Love it.
Always the best products and always willing to help and answer any questions
- 🛒 Available online only ~ we ship anywhere in SA
- 🔒 100% secure online payment via Payfast. EFT accepted
- 🌟 Click and Collect - Free pickup in Centurion
- 🚚 Door-to-door courier (full tracking) from R119 with FREE SHIPPING on online orders over R2000 (*excl wholesale)
- Species: Drosera
- Drosera Collinsiae is a striking, rosetted South African sundew. This subtropical sundew is a vigorous grower and can do well for beginner growers if it is provided with proper conditions. There are 2 main forms that look slightly different, but they are both just as easy to grow
- The Collins sundew can get rather wide in diameter at maturity, sometimes up to 5cm across. As with all subtropical sundews, Drosera collinsiae will appreciate very bright light and mild temperatures (never freezing) to grow well. Protect from heat during the hottest months and water only with distilled water to prevent humic acid build up on the crown of the plant
- Each tentacle has a small droplet of glistening mucilage. Insects become stuck to the tentacles and are then digested by the plant
- These sticky bug-munching rosettes come highly recommended to new growers
- Whether you prefer starting off with a younger plant and watch it grow into full majestic glory over the years or jumping in with more munch, right from the get go, we've got you covered! Cultivo is all about choices and our plants are available in various sizes and options to suit your every need. These are medium-sized plants with very fragile roots and do not transplant well. For this reason they will be sent already potted in our deluxe carnivorous plant soil. Simply unwrap, water and enjoy!
Potted vs Bareroot
- Similar to Drosera Admirabilis, D. Collinsiae is finicky about water quality and prefers distilled- or reverse osmosis water to limit humic acid buildup on the crown of the plant
- Drosera Collinsiae, being a subtropical sundew, does not need a dormancy period and will grow throughout the year - in fact it might die back slightly during the hot summer months, and be happier during the cooler months and may even flower during winter and spring
- Flowering requires a lot of energy and might cause your plant to lose it's dew - Cut flower stalks when they emerge for a healthier, dewy plant