GYO PYGMY SUNDEWS: The COMPLETE seed starter pack
** Online Exclusive **
Ready for a challenge?
- We are proud to present another member in our range of COMPLETE SEED STARTER PACKS for carnivorous plants
- A fantastic gift idea and perfect for beginners, this tailored starter pack includes everything you'll need to grow your very own pygmy sundews from gemmae - Just add water!
- Unfortunately, the flowers of pygmy Drosera rarely produce seed. Exclusive to this group of sundews, Pygmy drosera instead forms small brooding bodies (called gemmae) during late autumn for asexual propagation. These brooding bodies are actually modified leaves that act as tiny plantlets (or live seeds!) just waiting to sprout when conditions are favourable
- Growing pygmy drosera from gemmae is aimed at the adventure grower and a lot of patience is required - Pygmy drosera gemmae do not store well and it is advisable to sow them as soon as possible. Root development usually occurs within only a couple of weeks followed by (already cute and sticky!!) sundew leaves on top of the soil surface
- This seed starter kit includes:
- a complete growing container,
- premixed germination soil for your new seeds and
- a full instruction leaflet
- 1 seed-packet containing a minimum of 10 Pygmy drosera gemmae, harvested within the last couple of days
- The gemmae will be a mixed variety of pygmy drosera (our choice) depending on what we have available
We have a variety of kits available in our GROW-YOUR-OWN range
Any product which is described as an “online exclusive” will only be available to purchase via our online store and and is not available during visits to our nursery
Recommended for you