SUNDEW: Drosera Binata var Dichotoma, Giant Form (Forkleaf Sundew)
- Species: Drosera
- Drosera Binata, originating from Australia, grows long stems with forked leaves
- These leaves give Drosera Binata the nickname fork-leaved sundew
- The giant form of Drosera binata var Dichotoma form usually develops 4 branches even from a young age
- Plants generally stay greenish, even in very bright light and grows approximately 25-35 cm tall - Tentacles may get heavy and start drooping, making this an excellent candidate for hanging baskets with only a few drainage holes
- Each tentacle has a small droplet of glistening mucilage. Insects become stuck to the tentacles and are then digested by the plant
- Once mature, Drosera Binata will produce tall, vertical stems with clusters of white flowers
- Whether you prefer starting off with a younger plant and watch it grow into full majestic glory over the years or jumping in with more munch, right from the get go, we've got you covered! Cultivo is all about choices and our plants are available in various sizes and options to suit your every need. These are medium to near-flowering size plants, sold either bareroot or already potted in our deluxe carnivorous plant soil to take the hassle out of repotting. Simply unwrap, water and enjoy!
- Cut dead foliage for a neater plant
- Flowering requires a lot of energy and might cause your plant to lose it's dew - Cut flower stalks when they emerge for a healthier, dewy plant
- Drosera Binata will enter dormancy during winter (cooler temperatures and a shorter daylight period)
- During the dormancy period the plant will die back to a single winter bud and new growth will emerge late spring - usually around end-September / October
- While dormant - water your plant less frequently (keep the growing media only damp) to prevent root rot
Recommended for you
There was a hatching of small flies just after I unpacked the perfectly undamaged plant. At one point it had 8 little flies trapped. The only problem with such great value carnivorous plants is addiction.
I was pleasantly surprised to receive such a large adult plant, with no damage whatsover . 5*, I will be buying again !!
Drosera Binata var Multifida (Forkleaf Sundew)