TROPICAL PITCHER PLANT: Nepenthes Singalana x Ventricosa
Not your average Joe
- On offer, is well-established rooted cuttings of the masterful Nepenthes Bill Bailey. Nepenthes Bill Bailey is a dark-coloured horticultural hybrid involving 2 wonderful parents - Nepenthes Singalana from the Sumatran highlands and Nepenthes Ventricosa from the forests of the Philippines
- This tropical pitcher plant is as vigorous as it is easy to grow, producing lush green leaves with handsome dark red pitchers. The beautiful wide peristome on these medium sized pitchers adds to Bill Bailey's elegant appearance
- Great for beginners as it adapts easily to a new environment and tolerates a wide range of South African conditions
- Rare and unique, this complex hybrid is a must have for the carnivorous plant collector looking for some colour in the collection
- Similar to other carnivorous plants, nepenthes grow in a special type of soil low in nutrients and instead collect their nitrogen in hanging, slippery vase-shaped cups that include its own digestive juice
- Tropical pitcher plants entice both flying and crawling insects with an intoxicating fragrance, bright colour and sweet nectar
- Perfect for a sheltered spot outdoors or sunny windowsill with bright diffused light
- Whether you prefer starting off with a younger plant and watch it grow into full majestic glory over the years or jumping in with more munch, right from the get go, we've got you covered! Cultivo is all about choices and our plants are available in various sizes and options to suit your every want and need. Plants are measured across (Leafspan = leaf tip to leaf tip, without tendrils and pitchers) and are sold either bareroot or already potted in our deluxe carnivorous plant soil, ready for action during the upcoming growing season
- Winter dormancy:
- During the autumn and winter months, growth in tropical pitcher plants slows considerably and pitchers will die off
- Active growth in the form of new leaves and development of pitchers (sizes as indicated) are expected during spring and summer
- Should you be unfamiliar with this plant species, head over to our FAQ section for more information on what to expect when ordering from us during the colder months >> Carnivorous plants and winter dormancy: What to expect
In Nepenthes world, the shape and colours of pitchers and leaves are determined by the characteristics of the various species
Pitcher sizes are also highly variable across species and may not be present at the time of shipment, therefor we measure the actual size of the plant to determine the size of the plants we offer
Tropical pitcher plants are measured across the leafspan (from leaf tip to leaf tip of the largest two leaves, not including the tendrils and pitchers) as seen in the image below
Recommended for you
I love these plants. Teresa takes such care in explaining exactly what to do and how to care for them. All of the plants I have purchased from her, not only lived, but flourished. Will totally recommend her and her plants!
Healthy and strong. Beautiful pitchers
Pitchers are large and colourful! Wonderfully packaged!
As always, Cultivo is friendly, helpful and quick with delivery. No issues of any kind. The packaging for delivery was perfect and ensured my plant survived the trip to my house with no chance of damage or loss of growing medium.