TROPICAL PITCHER PLANT: Nepenthes Miranda
Large and colourful...
- Nepenthes Miranda is a robust grower under a variety of conditions, and produces very large vibrant pitchers with a red speckled pattern, and striking red ridged peristome. Pitchers can reach a height of 20-25cm in mature plants
- Miranda is believed to be a the hybrid of parents N. Maxima x (Maxima x Northiana) and with beautiful pitchers and versatility in growing conditions, this is another excellent plant for beginners that thrives in the late spring
- Similar to other carnivorous plants, nepenthes grow in a special type of soil low in nutrients and instead collect their nitrogen in hanging, slippery vase-shaped cups that include its own digestive juice
- Tropical pitcher plants entice both flying and crawling insects with an intoxicating fragrance, bright colour and sweet nectar
- Perfect for a sheltered spot outdoors or sunny windowsill with bright diffused light
- Whether you prefer starting off with a younger plant and watch it grow into full majestic glory over the years or jumping in with more munch, right from the get go, we've got you covered! Cultivo is all about choices and our plants are available in various sizes and options to suit your every want and need. Plants are measured across (Leafspan = leaf tip to leaf tip, without tendrils and pitchers) and are sold either bareroot or already potted in our deluxe carnivorous plant soil, ready for action during the upcoming growing season
- Winter dormancy:
- During the autumn and winter months, growth in tropical pitcher plants slows considerably and pitchers will die off
- Active growth in the form of new leaves and development of pitchers (sizes as indicated) are expected during spring and summer
- Should you be unfamiliar with this plant species, head over to our FAQ section for more information on what to expect when ordering from us during the colder months >> Carnivorous plants and winter dormancy: What to expect
In Nepenthes world, the shape and colours of pitchers and leaves are determined by the characteristics of the various species
Pitcher sizes are also highly variable across species and may not be present at the time of shipment, therefor we measure the actual size of the plant to determine the size of the plants we offer
Tropical pitcher plants are measured across the leafspan (from leaf tip to leaf tip of the largest two leaves, not including the tendrils and pitchers) as seen in the image below
Recommended for you
Good healthy plants will definitely be buying from you again.
satisfied, thank you
Beautiful little Nepenthes Miranda arrived in amazing condition =D
Cultivo still stands out above the rest!! Great Nepenthes Miranda received, much bigger than expected! I hope I will be able to give it the proper care it deserves! Can't wait for spring!!! Kom lente kom!
Very happy with my little N. Miranda. She arrived in great condition and has settled in well. Always very impressed with Cultivo's quality and service!