TRUMPET PITCHER: Sarracenia Maroon (various sizes)
🎁 FREE DOWNLOAD: Written by a South African, for South Africans 🇿🇦 With every online purchase, you'll get a free copy of our Plant Care Essentials Guide, loaded with key skills and practical tips for growing carnivorous plants in our special climate
Quick Shop ~ Related Items
Thank you once again for my beautiful trumpet pitcher.
Superbly packaged and super duper speedy shipment.
What can I say? I'm happy as always. ❤️
This is my go place for Carnivorous plants!
will definitely be buying some plants in the futures.
Another awesome product, Very healthy plant, Would def recommend buying from you every time.
I received my plant yesterday and it revived itself pretty quickly after some water. It took a week to get here so was a bit worried, but it recovered well. Thank you!! it's for our son's Christmas present so we're excited to give it to him and to continue to watch it grow. Thank you for the detailed instructions 😊
I am so impressed by the outstanding customer service, the very healthy and happy plants plants I received and the careful and personalized manner in which they were packaged for their trip to me. After a week my plants are doing very well. Thank you for the time, effort and care taken with my plants. And for providing me with the care sheets necessary for my plants to grow and thrive.
- 🛒 Available online only ~ we ship anywhere in SA
- 🔒 100% secure online payment via Payfast. EFT accepted
- 🌟 Click and Collect - Free pickup in Centurion
- 🚚 Door-to-door courier (full tracking) from R119 with FREE SHIPPING on online orders over R2000 (*excl wholesale)
Blood moon...It's Sarracenia Maroon!
- Species: Sarracenia
- Of all the trumpet pitcher varieties that colour red, there are only a few that do this as completely as Sarracenia Maroon
- This compact Sarracenia hybrid is not-surprising named for its beautiful deep red colour. The red deepens with age, and the golden key to ultimate colouration is growing your plant outside in full sunlight. Sarracenia Maroon is a real head turner and comes highly recommended - adding a splash of colour to any carnivorous plant collection
- Bite-size info:
- 🏡 Full sun, outdoors
- 📅 Growing season: October to April
- 🌱Mature size: 20-25cm
- 🏆Recommended for: All levels carnivorous plant enthusiasts
- Whether you prefer starting off with a younger plant and watch it grow into full majestic glory over the years or jumping in with more munch, right from the get go, we've got you covered! Cultivo is all about choices and our plants are available in various options to suit your every need
- These are 3 year old (Pitchers 8-10cm) to flowering size plants, sold either bare root or ready to grow - already potted in our deluxe carnivorous plant soil, without the need for repotting and acclimatisation on your end
- The size on offer refers to the maximum size your plant will reach during the upcoming growing season
- Potted plants are sent with a protective covering and will be good in this soil for another 6-9 months. Planter sizes are selected in relation to plant size and range from 5cm to 12cm pots unless otherwise mentioned
- Bare root plants are for those who wish to pot up and acclimatise their own plants. Plants and winter bulbs (dormant rhizomes) are cleaned, cut back, rinsed and sent in a protective covering with roots wrapped in damp paper towels
- Still in need of special potting soil? Pick up some of our deluxe premixed growing media for trumpet pitcher plants here
- This guideline is provided as reference and is indicative of the current state or condition of the plant you will receive
- If your are new to the carnivorous plant world >> Read our guideline on Temperate plants and winter dormancy: What to expect so there are no surprises when ordering trumpet pitcher plants from us during the colder months
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR PLANT
- 🏡 Grow outdoors
- ☀️ Minimum 8 hours direct (unfiltered) sunlight
- 💧 Moist, nutrient-free soil (use rain or distilled water)
- 🍴 No need to feed
- 🌷 Mature plants usually flower during springtime, cut the flower stalks to promote pitcher formation
- 💤 Dormant in winter
- ✅ Detailed care information is available in our online reference guide and the weblink is included with your purchase
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- This special hybrid is a high end collector plant and is sold exclusively via our online store - See estimated delivery date
- Absolutely! All live plant material is sent using our deluxe packaging methods and is backed by Cultivo's 'Arrive Alive' guarantee