SEEDS: Sundew > Drosera Binata var multifida
- Grow your own carnivorous plants from seed:
- Australian forkleaf sundew > Drosera Binata var multifida
- These are fresh seeds harvested within the last two growing seasons
- The seeds we sell are either imported from trusted sellers (including reputable nurseries and private growers) or are harvested from our own plants
- We do not sell carnivorous plants or seed, collected from the wild
- With so many imitations online, all of our seeds are genuine carnivorous plant seeds - We guarantee it
- Starting and nurturing your very own carnivorous plant jungle can be extremely rewarding and most of the seed available on the store have been tested on germination in our own seedling chamber
- Growing carnivorous plants from seed requires a lot of patience
- Under optimal conditions, carnivorous plant seed usually germinates within 4-8 weeks; However, some are seasonal and others may require hot- or cold stratification prior to germination
- In all cases, most carnivorous plants will take a couple of years to reach maturity
- As this process is mostly a waiting game, it is ideally recommended for the adventure carnivorous plant enthusiast
- Our instructional reference guide includes complete sowing instructions for both temperate- and non-temperate carnivorous plants (a link to this reference will be available on completion of your order)
- As these are fresh seeds, Drosera Binata seeds do not require cold-stratification, but this process may increase germination rate in some cases
- There are hundreds of carnivorous plant species, cultivars and varieties around the globe. The internet has some great resources and we highly recommend doing some research on the growing conditions required for each species. Studying this information, prior to your purchase, would be in your favour
- Conditions differ and as with any other plant you will ever grow from seed a range of factors may affect germination. Naturally, we can never absolutely guarantee germination, but we can guarantee one of the most important factors with regards to germination rate: FRESH SEEDS
- When available the harvest date will be recorded on the seed packet
- Seeds only:
- Seeds are only available via our online store
- Parcels are sent as a bubble wrapped small parcel to minimise damage from handlers
- We offer various shipping methods for seeds - seed parcels are sent via courier to your door or delivered to PEP stores and Postnet branches nationwide
- Still wanted to add more seeds to the existing order? No Problem. Providing the parcel has not left our premises yet, we can combine various seed orders for you at no additional cost - just ask
- Shipping rates for seed-only parcels start from R100 and will be calculated at checkout
- Seed kits:
- Don't know where to start?
- Why not order a sundew seed kit to get you started
- This tailored starter pack is only available via our online store and is sold separately
- The basic seed kit contains all the supplies you'll need to get you started - Just grab your seeds follow the simple instructions included in the starter pack
- Simply sow your seeds are per the instruction leaflet, add clean water, warmth, light and a touch of patience and you are all set
- Not ready to take on the species yet? We have a mix of easy-to-grow sub-tropical sundews available in our range of complete GROW-YOUR-OWN-KITS. Great for beginners!
Recommended for you
I have bought many seeds online and these are the first I have managed to germinate. Thank you Cultivo for the seed variety and clear instructions. I can not wait for my babies to grow up
I am very happy with my order and how it was processed right up till the time I received what I ordered.
You guys were quick, efficient, and you always kept me up-to-date with the progress of my order.
Your website is clear and informative and a pleasure to navigate through.
I look forward to doing more business with you and only wish I had known about you when I lived in Centurion, as I would have definitely supported you from the beginning.
I will be sure to tell lots of people about you so they can also start enjoying your products.