TROPICAL PITCHER PLANT: Nepenthes Alata biflora
- Nepenthes Alata Biflora trading as Nepenthes "Captain Hook", is a beautiful easy beginner nepenthes brought to you by Pan's Carnivores
- Captain hook grows greenish, hourglass shaped pitchers with a bright red peristome on mature (approximately 10-15cm) pitchers
- Highly recommended for beginner carnivorous plant enthusiasts
- Similar to other carnivorous plants, nepenthes grow in a special type of soil low in nutrients and instead collect their nitrogen in hanging, slippery vase-shaped cups that include its own digestive juice
- Tropical pitcher plants entice both flying and crawling insects with an intoxicating fragrance, bright colour and sweet nectar
- Perfect for a sheltered spot outdoors or sunny windowsill with bright diffused light
- Whether you prefer starting off with a younger plant and watch it grow into full majestic glory over the years or jumping in with more munch, right from the get go, we've got you covered! Cultivo is all about choices and our plants are available in various sizes and options to suit your every want and need. Plants are measured across (Leafspan = leaf tip to leaf tip, without tendrils and pitchers) and are sold either bareroot or already potted in our deluxe carnivorous plant soil, ready for action during the upcoming growing season
- Winter dormancy:
- During the autumn and winter months, growth in tropical pitcher plants slows considerably and pitchers will die off
- Active growth in the form of new leaves and development of pitchers (sizes as indicated) are expected during spring and summer
- Should you be unfamiliar with this plant species, head over to our FAQ section for more information on what to expect when ordering from us during the colder months >> Carnivorous plants and winter dormancy: What to expect
In Nepenthes world, the shape and colours of pitchers and leaves are determined by the characteristics of the various species
Pitcher sizes are also highly variable across species and may not be present at the time of shipment, therefor we measure the actual size of the plant to determine the size of the plants we offer
Tropical pitcher plants are measured across the leafspan (from leaf tip to leaf tip of the largest two leaves, not including the tendrils and pitchers) as seen in the image below
Recommended for you
Lovely healthy plants, very informative feedback and friendly service. Highly recommended!
Amazing plant to keep in a collection excelent to see them grow up and knowing you cared for them with your whole heart. It is an emotional journey.
The plants are healthy and Therese, she is very,very kind!!! Thank you for the plants!
I was very impressed by the way it is packed, my plant was still moist and unharmed. It was also very quick. there were no hasstles.
Nepenthes Alata var Biflora - Pan's Carnivores