BUTTERWORT (Mexican): Pinguicula Ehlersiae loc Tolantongo, Mexico
- BUTTERWORT: Mexican Species - Pinguicula Ehlersiae loc Tolantongo, Mexico
- These are medium to mature (flowering size) plants, already potted in our deluxe carnivorous plant soil, ready for action during the upcoming growing season
- Winter dormancy:
- During the autumn and winter months, butterworts die back significantly to a tight rosette with tiny non-carnivorous leaves, making them appear much smaller than listed
- Larger growth (sizes as indicated) in the form of new summer leaves are expected during springtime
- Should you be unfamiliar with this plant species, head over to our FAQ section for more information on what to expect when ordering from us during the colder months >> Temperate plants and winter dormancy: What to expect
- Collection and hand deliveries:
- You will receive a well established potted plant
- Remember to bring a container for you plant's journey back home
- Sent to Postnet or via the courier:
- Pinguicula generally have very shallow roots, hence your plant will be sent already potted
- We take great care in shipping procedures. Butterworts are carefully packaged and protected to minimise damage
- Note that plant members in the pinguicula family are quite fragile and may lose some leaves during transit
- While packing your plants we always take the necessary precautions, however, due to the shallow root system, your plant might dislodge during shipping
- Should this be the case, simply repot your plant with the leaves at the soil level and lightly firm the soil around roots
- Grow butterworts in partial sun or very bright filtered light and keep the soil only damp to the touch, year round
- Great for beginners, mexican butterworts are easy to grow and fantastic candidates for a sunny windowsill or protected area outdoors with moderate to bright light
- To prevent rot, pinguicula prefers a loose, open soil with a good balance between water retention and drainage. We use our Butterwort PROmix for all our mexican butterworts, with excellent results
Recommended for you
The plant were beautiful and clearly well taken care of. Therese's attention to detail with respect to the potting, is amazing. Her love for her plants is evident.
Excellent service, great knowledgeable advice, great communication, products were of excellent quality. Will definitely use them again.
Great looking plants. My Ehlersaie unfortunately fell out of its media during transport but thanks to the great packaging and quick delivery, it was mostly unscathed and is settling in nicely.