GROW-YOUR-OWN PURPLE PITCHER HYBRID: The COMPLETE seed starter pack
online only: courier or collect
Order now and get it between 20/11 and 29/11
Nationwide shipping from R100
** Online Exclusive **
Ready for a challenge?
- We are proud to present another member in our range of COMPLETE SEED STARTER PACKS for carnivorous plants
- A fantastic gift idea and perfect for beginners, this tailored starter pack includes everything you'll need to grow your very own purple pitcher plants from seed - Just add water!
- It is important to note that growing carnivorous plants from seed is aimed at the adventure grower and a lot of patience is required. Purple pitcher plant seeds will need a cold-stratification period of 4-8 weeks upon sowing and germination may only occur 1-2 months afterwards. Raising this species from seed is so rewarding but due to their need for dormancy it may take many years to raise them from seed to maturity (flowering size)
- This seed starter kit includes:
- a complete growing container,
- premixed germination soil for your new seeds and
- a full instruction leaflet
- 1 seed-packet containing a minimum of 10 purple pitcher plant seeds (these are open pollinated and hybrids with trumpet pitchers are possible), harvested within the last growing season
- The seed will be a mixed variety of open pollinated purple pitcher seeds depending on what we have available
We have a variety of kits available in our GROW-YOUR-OWN range
Any product which is described as an “online exclusive” will only be available to purchase via our online store and and is not available during visits to our nursery
Have you seen these?
SEEDS: Purple Pitcher > Sarracenia Purpurea ssp venosa loc Reedy Creek, Caroline Co. x self
The purchase was efficient and effortless. Picked up the items in great condition, and the packaging was the best I have seen so far!